1. Industry Leader: 3LCD is the technology that powers the majority of all education, business, and home theater projectors worldwide.
2. Three Chip Engine: 3LCD projectors use 3 Chips in EVERY projector for full-time color. With its 3-chip design, 3LCD delivers clear and vibrant images, so true-to-life you may not believe your eyes.
3. 80 Million Chips: With over 80 million 3LCD chips shipped worldwide for projection, this powerful and road-tested technology is a reliable way to achieve sharp, beautiful images.
4. Less Power: 3LCD projectors efficiently use available lamp light to create stunning images. In contrast to 1-chip technology, 3LCD uses, on average, 25% less electricity per unit of brightness.
5. High color light output: All 3LCD projectors use a 3-chip design to deliver incredibly bright images with High Color Light Output.
6. Less Heat: Higher power consumption translates to extra hear output. In a study of comparable projectors, the 1-chip units tested output about 50% hotter exhaust than the 3LCD units tested.
7. No Spinning Color Wheel: 1-chip projectors use a Color Wheel to create color. The Color Wheel is a mechanical device that could require replacement. The Color Wheel may have a clear segment that boosts White Brightness at the expense of Color.
8. Grayscale: 3LCD technology precisely controls the amount light passing through the LCD chips producing smooth gradations that are free from banding and contour artifacts that can be displayed by 1-chip projectors.
9. Filter In Every Projector: Filter-free does not mean maintenance free. Here are the key facts: a) Dust still gets on the lamp and other critical components inside filter-free projectors, b) Dust can reduce lamp brightness and useful lamp life in filterfree projectors, and c) Dust can degrade image quality in filter-free projectors.
10. No Sequential Color: The Color WHeel in a 1-chip system spins at a rapid speed, only displaying one color at a time, This sequential display of color can result in color break-up or the “rainbow effect”.