TAGAYTAY CITY, Cavite – Three persons were killed while three others were injured when the car they were riding in was hit by a speeding provincial passenger bus on Aguinaldo Highway in Barangay Mendez Crossing East, this city, Saturday, in what police said was the worst vehicular accident so far this year here.
PO1 Jayson C. Olivar, case investigator, identified the fatalities as car driver John David Peña Salvajeno, 31, one Ericka Liberato, and Mark James de los Santos Tanchoco, 19.
The injured were Russel Santiago Conge, 30, one Shella Rodriguez Conge, 29, and Andrew Pampola Duque, 31, a photographer and computer shop owner.
They are all residents of Bacoor City, Cavite.
The victims were on board a Toyota Avanza car when the Del Monte Land Transportation Bus Co. bus with license playes UYB-812 driven by Mark Anthony Abing Magsino, 31, of Del Monte, Quezon City bound for Batangas rammed them while turning left to eat at Eways Bulalohan Restaurant at about 4:50 a.m., Olivar said.
Olivar said that the impact was so strong that the car was thrown near the roadside in front of the eatery.
In an interview, Olivar said Magsino was apologetic.
Magsino told Olivar that he stepped on the bus brakes to prevent the accident but it was too late.
Olivar said that charges of reckless imprudence resulting to multiple homicide, physical injuries, and damage to property will be filed at the prosecutor’s office against Magsino who was detained at the police jail here.