The Quezon City Police District has formed a Special Investigation Task Group to hasten its investigation on the killing of a 44-year-old radio reporter in Quezon City Saturday.
Chief Supt. Edgardo G. Tinio, QCPD director, ordered the creation of SITG “Jose” to look into the killing of Jose Bernardo during a meeting with other police officers Sunday.
Tinio said Supt. Danilo Bautista, QCPD Deputy District Director for Administration, heads SITG Jose while Supt. Alex DJ Alex Alberto, commander of the QCPD Station 5 (Fairview), is assistant SITG commander.
Senior Insp. Elmer Monsalve, chief of the Homicide Section of the QCPD Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit, said they have secured copies of closed-circuit television cameras in and around the area where Bernardo, married, of Doña St., Barangay Camarin, Caloocan City, and a reporter of DWBL 1042Khz and columnist of Banderang Pilipino Weekly, was gunned down by two men at about 9:24 p.m.
Police said the victim had been receiving threatening text messages on his cellphones and have sought the help of telecommunications companies to trace their senders. (Francis T. Wakefield)