Piolo Pascual and Dennis Trillo tied for Movie Actor of the Year while Bea Alonzo emerged as Movie Actress of the Year at the 32nd Star Awards for Movies, presented by the Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC), at the Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila in Pasay City last Sunday, March 6.
Pascual won acting honors for the movie “Silong” while Trillo for the biopic “Felix Manalo.” Alonzo starred in the blockbuster movie “A Second Chance.”
“Felix Manalo,” which tells the story of Felix Ysagun Manalo, the first Executive Minister of the influential Iglesia ni Cristo, was proclaimed Movie of the Year. It edged out other critically-acclaimed nominees such as “Honor Thy Father,” “Heneral Luna,” “A Second Chance,” etc.
The same movie also won Movie Director of the Year for Joel Lamangan.
Indie Movie of the Year was “Bambanti” and its director Zig Dulay received the award for Indie Director of the Year.
The complete list of winners:
• Movie Supporting Actor of the Year: Tirso Cruz, III (“Honor Thy Father”)
• Movie Supporting Actress of the Year: Alessandra De Rossi (“Kid Kulafu”)
• Movie Child Performer of the Year: Micko Laurente (“Bambanti”)
• New Movie Actress of the Year: Janella Salvador (“Haunted Mansion”)
• New Movie Actor of the Year: Marlo Mortel (“Haunted Mansion”)
• Movie Screenwriter of the Year: Michiko Yamamoto (“Honor Thy Father”)
• Movie Editor of the Year: Jerrold Tarrog (“Heneral Luna”)
• Movie Production Designer of the Year: Edgar Martin Littaua, Joel Bilbao, and Danny Red (“Felix Manalo”)
• Movie Musical Scorer of the Year: Jerrold Tarrog (“Heneral Luna”)
• Movie Sound Engineer of the Year: Mikko Quizon and Hit Productions (“Heneral Luna”)
• Movie Original Theme Song of the Year: “Ang Sugo ng Diyos Mula Sa Mga Huling Araw”, Sarah Geronimo (“Felix Manalo”)
• Movie Cinematographer of the Year: Ber Cruz (“Honor Thy Father”)
• Indie Movie Screenwriter of the Year: Jun Robles Lana (“Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan”)
• Indie Movie Cinematographer of the Year: Ike Avellana (“Apocalypse Child”)
• Indie Movie Editor of the Year: Benjamin Tolentino (“Tandem”)
• Indie Movie Production Designer of the Year: Aped Santos (“Bambanti”)
• Indie Movie Musical Scorer of the Year: Gauss Obenza (“I Love You, Thank You”)
• Indie Movie Sound Engineer of the Year: Jess Carlos (“Silong”)
• Indie Movie Original Theme Song of the Year: “Tulog Na” – lyrics by Zig Dulay, composed by Gian Gianan, interpreted by Alessandra de Rossi, from the movie “Bambanti”
• Male Face of the Night: John Arcilla
• Female Face of the Night: Bela Padilla
• Darling of the Press: Dan Fernandez
• Nora Aunor Ulirang Artista Lifetime Achievement Award: Ms. Amalia Fuentes
• Ulirang Alagad Ng Pelikula Sa Likod Ng Kamera Lifetime Achievement Award: Mel Chionglo
• Movie Loveteam of the Year: Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla (“Crazy Beautiful You”)
• Posthumous Award for Entertainment Excellence: German Moreno