Architect Conrad Onglao has said that he is still hopeful that he and actress-singer Zsa Zsa Padilla will reconcile after their much-publicized break-up recently.
“She’s the best thing that ever happened to me, ever!” the architect said.
Onglao, however, did not divulge details of their split. The couple was supposed to get married later this year but decided to call it off for still unknown reasons.
Padilla, who currently appears in the Kapamilya primetime teleserye “The Story of Us,” has remained silent about their break-up. Her daughter Karylle has confirmed the status of her mother’s relationship with the architect.
On Sept. 4, 2015, Padilla, 51, formally announced her engagement to Onglao, 60. She even posted a photo of her engagement ring on IG.
Padilla said that Onglao proposed to her during the ASAP 20 Live in London show. They had planned to get married in Italy in 2016.
Padilla was in a relationship with Dolphy for 23 years until the actor passed away in 2012.
The Divine Diva’s marriage to former husband Dr. Modesto Tatlonghari had also been annulled in 2011.
Onglao was previously married to interior designer Ivy Almario, with whom he has two sons.
Later, they were divorced in the US and obtained a legal separation, and church annulment here in the Philippines, ABS-CBN also reported. (Robert R. Requintina)