TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Cavite — The number of dengue-related incidents continued to increase in Cavite province as three more deaths and over three hundred cases were recorded in the area lately.
The Provincial Epidemiology Surveillance Unit’s May 28 or Morbidity Week 21 report, the latest update, showed that there are a total 1,654 dengue cases and eight deaths that had been recorded in upland and lowland districts since January 1 this year.
The incidents went up with three more deaths and 307 cases as compared to the April 16 or Morbidity Week 16 report, the previous update, with five deaths and 1,347 cases. The three latest fatalities and 307 cases were noted in just a span of six weeks.
The breakdown of the dengue fatalities as per latest report are as follows: four in General Trias City, two in Silang municipality, and one each in Trece Martires City and General Mariano Alvarez (GMA) municipality.
Health Education Promotion Officer II Annabelle R. Dilig said that with the number of dengue cases, the epidemic threshold or the case gauge this year does not call yet for a dengue outbreak.
“Wala naman po reported (dengue) outbreak sa area,” said Dilig.
Officials earlier called on the citizens to be wary and not to let their guards down with or without dengue outbreak as the virus-carrying mosquitoes strike year-round. (Anthony Giron)