CEBU CITY – Drug personalities operating in Cebu have been told to leave the city now while they still can or risk losing their lives.
This was the message of acting Cebu City Mayor Margot Osmeña after president-elect Rodrigo Duterte announced that he will offer a P5.5-million bounty for every drug lord in Cebu who will be killed.
Osmeña’s husband, incoming Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña, had already spent more than P200,000 reward for Cebu City policemen who killed drug personalities recently.
The incoming mayor has dangled a R50,000-cash reward for every drug suspects slain in Cebu.
He vowed to continue giving R50,000 for every criminal killed, saying the money is for the police officers so that they could defend themselves in times of trouble.
Margot said it is “good” that Duterte added zeroes to what her husband, mayor-elect Tomas Osmeña, gives to police officers who kill criminals and drug personalities.
On Wednesday night, the most wanted drug personality in Mandaue City surrendered to the police out of fear for his life.
Pablo Loberanes went to Mandaue City Police Office (MCPO) to surrender, in time for Duterte’s visit in Cebu for the two thanksgiving events organized by his political leaders and supporters last Wednesday. (MARS W. MOSQUEDA JR.)