Home » Entertainment » Alamin Kay Kuya Kim » Are eggs good or bad for you?

Are eggs good or bad for you?

Kim

The simplest, easiest and one of our favorite dishes served during breakfast has always been questioned. Are eggs healthy or not?

Some people, including doctors, say that too much consumption of eggs can raise a person’s cholesterol level.

However, according to research, eggs are not known for their so-called negative effects only.

One study lists down a number of reasons why eggs have proven their health benefits.

Eggs are incredibly nutritious.

A single large boiled egg contains

Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Phosphorus, etc.

Eggs also contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, and Zinc.

Whole eggs are among the most nutritious food on the planet, containing a little bit of almost every nutrient we need. Omega-3 enriched and/or pastured eggs are even healthier, says a source.

* * *

Eggs may be high in cholesterol, but they don’t adversely affect blood cholesterol.

Meaning to say that eggs do not necessarily raise cholesterol in the blood.

According to one study, response to egg consumption varies. In 70% of people, eggs don’t raise cholesterol at all. In the other 30% (termed “hyper responders”), eggs can mildly raise Total and LDL cholesterol.

Eggs raise HDL (The “Good”) cholesterol.

Egg consumption consistently leads to elevated levels of HDL (the “good”) cholesterol, which is linked to a reduced risk of many diseases.

* * *

Eggs contain lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that help maintain eye health.

Studies show that consuming adequate amounts of these nutrients can significantly reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.

* * *

Eggs are high in quality protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios.

Eggs contain all the essential amino acids in the right ratios, so our bodies are well equipped to make full use of the protein in them.

* * *

In one study of 30 overweight women, eating eggs instead of bagels for breakfast increased feelings of fullness and made them automatically eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours.

(Source: https://authoritynutrition.com/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs/)

* * *

TRIVIA PA MORE: Baked beans are low in fat and have a lot of fiber and protein.

* * *

Worcestershire sauce is made from dissolved fish.

* * *

Pescetarians are vegetarians who eat fish.

* * *

The largest item on any menu in the world is the roast camel.

* * *

Egg yolks are one of the few foods that naturally contain Vitamin D.

* * *

The average hot dog is consumed in 6 bites.

* * *

Until well into the sixteenth century, bacon was a Middle English term used to refer to all pork in general.
* * *

In America, anchovies always rank last on the list of favorite toppings.

* * *

Send your questions on anything and everything to Kuya Kim through my Twitter account @kuyakim_atienza using #AlaminKayKuyaKim.

Ating tuklasin ang mga bagay-bagay na di n’yo pa alam. Walang ’di susuungin, lahat aalamin. Ito po si Kuya Kim, Matanglawin, only here in Tempo. (KIM ATIENZA)

comments
  • tbran10

    Factory Farm produced eggs carry little Vitamin D.
    Eggs grown organically carry 4 to 10 times the Vitamin D
    than tin barn chickens produce. This is a spin article for the status quo.