- News in Photo
BUTUAN CITY – Twenty-five students were rushed to Butuan Medical Center (BMC) here after reportedly eating expired chocolates.
The students, all Grade 8, Section Yakal from Butuan City School of Arts and Trades were rushed to BMC hospital Thursday afternoon, five hours after eating the expired goodies.
Attending physicians of BMC namely Drs. Peachy Gallenero and Janelle de los Reyes however said the students are already out of danger and were discharged later in the night though two other students are still under observation.
“Some of them suffered dizziness, head ache, stomach ache and vomiting when brought here (BMC),” the attending physicians added.
The victims said one of their classmates brought several chocolates that were distributed to them.
The students however failed to notice the expiration date of the chocolates.
“I fell ill and started vomiting,” claimed one 14-year old student.
A check on the candies showed it already expired last December 2014. (MIKE U. CRISMUNDO)