Home » News » Headlines » NCRPO on full alert status for SoNA

NCRPO on full alert status for SoNA

The National Capital Region Police Office is on full alert status for the first State-of-the-Nation Address of President Duterte at the House of Representatives in Quezon City tomorrow.

Chief Supt. Oscar Albayalde, acting NCRPO chief, said that they went on full alert status starting 5 p.m. Friday as part of their security plan for the SoNA.

He added that 6,720 uniformed police personnel will be deployed within the Batasang Pambansa and Commonwealth Ave. to ensure that no untoward incident before, during, and after the SoNA.

“So far all systems go na tayo. Naka full alert na kami since 5 p.m. kahapon (Friday). A total of 6,720 uniformed personnel lahat deployment namin sa vicinity ng Batasan at Commonwealth Avenue,” Albayalde said. “Wala din tayo reports that there will be violents protests,” he added.

Chief Insp. Kimberly Molitas, NCRPO spokesperson, said the full alert status was declared by Albayalde at 5 p.m. Friday.

“Since yesterday (Friday) 5 p.m., we were declared on full alert. Accounting of our personnel has been conducted this morning (July 23) and will continue until such the SoNA on Monday,” Molitas said.

“The alert level will change as deemed by our commander after the SoNA,” she added.

There will be no changes in the security preparations for the SoNA.

Thousands of rallyists from as far as Northern Luzon and Mindanao are expected to arrive in Quezon City for the SoNA.

Militant group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan said among the groups expected to take part in the SoNA rally are Lumads, farmers, workers, fisherfolks, youth, women, and labor groups.

“We have prepared the same way as we always have regardless of the different circumstances. We hope forward to the most peaceful SoNA but we are prepared for the worst,” Molitas said. (Francis T. Wakefield)

comments