Home » News » News Roundup » New Roundup » Regional » Another CAFGU killed

Another CAFGU killed

DAVAO CITY – The military remains on the offensive despite the calls of president Duterte for a lasting peace among the country’s insurgents.

Major General Rafael Valencia of the 10th Infantry Division said they continue to deploy forces for the purpose of preventing individuals with criminal intent to succeed.

“We shall use and deploy all our available forces, continue offensives and support law enforcement operations,” Major General Rafael Valencia, 10th Infantry Division, said in a statement.

This week alone, another Cafgu active auxiliary was killed in Cotabato in a firefight with New People’s Army (NPA) units in the area.

Oscar Emba, 53, a CAA who is a resident of Barangay Muan, Kidapawan City, died from six gunshot wounds with the NPA reportedly stealing the victim’s XRM motorcycle Monday night.

Emba was assigned at Balabag CAA Detachment at Crossing Birada, Kidapawan.

Later that same night, another attack was staged reportedly by the NPA, this time against forces of the Sallab detachment in Magpet, North Cotabato.

No one was hurt in the incident which forced the 39th Infantry Battalion to immediately alert all units under its area of operation.

Last week, efforts to start the peace process took a hit after another CAFGU member, was killed after he and his fellow militiamen were ambushed by NPA rebels while on their way back to their barracks.

The incident forced Duterte to lift the unilateral ceasefire which he initially announced during his first-ever State-of-the-Nation Address last July 25. (YAS D. OCAMPO)

comments