- News in Photo
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio announced yesterday that she lost two of her triplets due to stress in the wake of last week’s explosion at the night market on Roxas Ave. in Davao City.
“All in God’s plan,” Duterte said during the change of command ceremony at the Task Force Davao headquarters at the Sta. Ana Wharf in Davao City Thursday.
During the event, she told new Task Force Davao commander Col. Erwin Bernard Neri to ensure the security of the people and give the city “peace.”
Duterte replaced Col. Henry Robinson Jr. as task force chief because of the bombing incident.
She said that she was told by her doctor that the hearts of her two fetuses were no longer beating. “I spent the whole afternoon Monday crying. I cried for myself. I cried for those who died in the bombing. I cried for the victims who are still recuperating at the hospitals,” she said.
“May isa pa ako ‘wag mo patayin. Give me peace,” she told Neri in jest. “Bawal kang huminga at bawal kang matulog.”
The mayor did not blame Robinson for the explosion that killed 14 people and injured 70 others. She said that there is nothing perfect and even the intelligence of the world’s most progressive countries like France and Germany would sometimes overlook terrorism.
Duterte said that she took the bombing seriously, being her first time to experience scores of casualties and injured individuals due to terrorism as mayor of Davao City.
“Wala ko nabuthan og bomba, that’s why it is difficult on my part,” she said. “I feel sad but everything happens for a reason,” she said, adding that her remaining baby is in good condition.
She said that her next check up is scheduled on Monday. Her father, President Duterte, has not yet been informed of the condition of her pregnancy which is now on its third month. (Antonio L. Colina IV)