ALL HOPING – From Highspeed contributor Jay P. Delgado writes on a “beauty king” contest – one of many in the country.
THE Misters of Filipinas 2016 contestants, coming from various backgrounds and representing cities, municipalities, and provinces all over the archipelago as well as overseas Filipino communities, were presented to the media at One Canvas Events Place in Makati City last August 28.
All hoping to follow in the footsteps of the pageant’s successful alumni – Mister International 2014 Neil Perez and Man of the Year 2016 Karan Singhdole – the gorgeous hunks, or hotties if you like, will battle it out to clinch any of six titles at stake and the right to compete in Mister International, Manhunt International, Mister Globe, Man of the Year, Man of the World, and Mister Supranational (to hold its initial edition in Poland in December).
TOP PICKS – The finals will be held on September 18 at Resorts World Manila at 7 p.m. Highspeed’s top picks are:
• Gerald John P. Fullante, 22, 5’10”, from Naga City, Camarines Sur, a self-supporting, independent-minded young man who hopes to inspire the youth;
• Jerald Olaguer Mendoza, 22, 5’11 1/2”, from Liliw, Laguna, a Business Management graduate of STI College-Sta. Cruz;
• Alberto Rodulfo “AR” Yap de la Serna, 23, 6’1”, from Bohol, last year’s first runner-up who is raring to win the title this year;
• Vince Issen Christopher Pagente Jarina, 22, 6’2”, from Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, a varsity player for the NCBL basketball team of Trinity University of Asia where he is studying Business Management;
• Issa Arciga Janda, 21, 6’1”, a Criminal Justice student from Daraga, Albay who won as Mister United Continents Philippines earlier this year;
• Miguel Mari D. Guia, 27, 5’7”, a budding real estate broker who comes from a family of models;
• Roshon Cañete Barman, 20, 5’10”, a multi-racial (he is part Nepalese and Indian) Business Management student of FEU who is representing his mom’s home province of Biliran; and
• Bobby Roa Royo, 27, 5’11”, from Cajidiocan, Sibuyan, Romblon, an Industrial Engineering graduate who runs a chain of spas called Choco Brown.
Also worth watching out for are: Prince Marcos de Guzman, 20, 5’11”, from Fairview, Quezon City, a commercial model, TV personality and artistic make-up and prosthetic artist; and Christopher Comicho Dulagan, 23, 5’10”, a police inspector and Public Safety graduate of PNPA from Sagada, Mountain Province who will attempt to continue PNP’s “guwapulis” streak in the tilt after PO2 Neil Perez and Manhunt Philippines 2016 PO1 Don McGyver Cochico. (Jay P. Delgado)