RODOLFO T. MAGLEO, 54, convicted for kidnaping in 2004 and expecting to be freed from prison for serving minimum sentence. He testified that during De Lima’s term as justice secretary:
• Herbert Colangco bribed officials with P2 to P3 million a month in exchange of protection for his drug business. He also gave P
1 million everytime he stages a concert at the NBP compound
• Truckloads of beer delivered inside NBP on orders of Colangco
• P1 billion drug trade controlled from NBP; business rivalry existed among convicted felons Jaybee Sebastian; Herbert Colangco, Peter Co, and others. Malaysian, Chinese, Taiwanese inmates also involved;
• 80 percent of inmates possessed cellular phones and other computer gadgets; De Lima knew he and three other inmates possessed cellular phones because they exchanged numbers when the DoJ chief and driver Ronnie Dayan met them in 2011 at the NBP compound
• Sebastian delivered to De Lima an initial P10 million and P1 million monthly thereafter;
HERBERT COLANGCO, convicted for drug trafficking.
• De Lima received P3 million monthly from him
• Had direct access to De Lima and was given her mobile telephone number to confirm if she had indeed demanded money
• Sold 300 boxes of canned beer, earning P3 million in the process and P1 million given to De Lima as her share;
• Admits running a prostitution ring inside the NBP
• Portion of earnings in drug trafficking turned over to Jonel Sanchez, De Lima’s bodyguard, supposedly to help finance the then DoJ chief’s senatorial bid.
3. JOVENCIO ABLEN JR. – NBI intelligence agent
• Accompanied Deputy Director Rafael Ragos in delivering P5 million to De Lima on Nov. 16, 2012. Saw De Lima and Dayan at the former’s house at the corner of Laguna Bay and Subic Bay Drives, Southbay Village, Parañaque City
• On Dec. 8, 2012, they again delivered money as “quota” to De Lima’s residence. This time, only Dayan was at the house.
• Claimed Ragos, former Bureau of Corrections officer-in-charge, resented being a mere delivery man.