Home » News » Headlines » Chinese held after raid on mega shabu factory

Chinese held after raid on mega shabu factory

CAMP JULIAN OLIVAS, Pampanga – A Chinese national was arrested few hours after police authorities raided a mega shabu factory at the foot of Mount Arayat town here Thursday.

Chief Supt. Aaron Aquino, Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) acting director, identified the suspect as Hong Wenzheng, 39, a native of Fukien, China, who reportedly first managed to elude arrest but was captured during a follow-up operation.

Aquino said four other Chinese nationals believed to be Wenzheng’s cohorts were able to escape.

Wenzheng is now under the custody of the Provincial Intelligence Branch, Pampanga Police Provincial Office, awaiting the filing of appropriate charges against him, according to the PRO3 acting chief.

Aquino reminded the public that there will be no let-ups in the fight against illegal drugs particularly in Central Luzon region, where illegal drug use is a major concern.

“Expect more police operations and I am sure that we will yield more positive outcomes in the coming days,’’ he said.

During his recent visit to Nueva Ecija, PDEA Director General Isidro Lapena called for unity in the fight against illegal drugs, stressing the participation and cooperation of everybody could broaden the chances of totally eradicating illegal drug use and drug trade in the province and the country.

He said a total 1.4 tones of shabu have so far been confiscated during his two months in office. The number was far lower from the 575 kilos seized for the whole of 2015. (FRANCO G. REGALA)

comments