- News in Photo
BOUND FOR – Six Bb. Pilipinas queens are bound for glory, all of them competing in international beauty pageants, where they are expected to shine. Contributor Mel Caparas submits this piece for Highspeed, with photos courtesy of Bb. Pilipinas Charity Inc.
Here they are;
• JENNIFER HAMMOND competes at the 45th Miss Intercontinental Pageant to be held at Stein Studios in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 16.
Last year, Christie McGarry placed second to Russia’s Valentina Rasulova.
No Filipina has yet won the crown.
• NICOLE CORDOVES flies to Las Vegas, Nevada to compete in the 4th Miss Grand International on October 25.
Reigning Miss Grand International is Claire Elizabeth Parjer of Australia.
Parul Sha finished 2nd place.
• KYLIE VERSOZA aims for the 6th Miss International crown for the Philippines when she competes at the 56th edition of Miss International Pageant in Tokyo, Japan on October 25.
Last year’s winner is Edumar Martinez of Venezuela.
Janicel Lubina landed in the Top 10 and won the Best Dress Award.
• NICHOLE MANALO competes at the 43rd Miss Globe Beauty Pageant to be held at National Opera Theater in Tirana, Albania on November 25.
Reigning Miss Globe is our very own Ann Colis.
• JOANNA EDEN will try to duplicate Mutya Datul’s victory in 2013 when she competes in the 8th Miss Supranational on December 2 in Krynica-Zdron, Poland.
Reigning Miss Supranational is Stephania Stegman of Paraguay.
Rogelia Catacutan was among Top 20.
• MAXINE MEDINA is gunning for a back-to-back win for the Philippines when she competes in the 65th Miss Universe pageant to be held at the Mall of Asia Arena here in Manila on January 30, 2017.
The Philippines has produced 3 Miss Universe winners: Gloria Diaz (1969), Margie Moran (1973), and the reigning Miss Universe, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.