Home » News » Headlines » Bato’s trip to Las Vegas for Pacquiao fight probed

Bato’s trip to Las Vegas for Pacquiao fight probed

The Ombudsman’s military and other law enforcement offices (MOLEO) has been tasked to handle the investigation of Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Ronald “Bato” de la Rosa’s trip to Las Vegas, USA.

Director Rawnsle Loptez, head of the anti-graft agency’s Public Information and Media Relations Bureau (PIMRB), said the MOLEO “is conducting fact-finding investigation regarding the alleged perks received by the PNP chief.”

De la Rosa is being probed over the propriety of his all-expenses paid trip to Las Vegas last week to watch the boxing match between Senator Manny Pacquiao and Jessie Vargas.

The PNP chief himself admitted that he spend nothing for the trip where he was seen on television screen holding the Philippine flag in the ring beside the senator.

He said the solon shouldered all expenses for his trip together with other supporters of Pacquiao who watched the bout Saturday night.

De la Rosa, a boxing fan, had earlier predicted a win for the boxing great who won the fight via a unanimous decision.

Many boxing aficionados said the Ombudsman investigation should not only cover the PNP chief but other government officials who joined Pacquiao’s entourage.

It is a common knowledge that a number of lawmakers was accompanying the Filipino boxing champion whenever he went abroad to defend his many ring titles. (JUN RAMIREZ)

comments