- News in Photo
CEBU CITY – A nationwide manhunt is under way for the suspect who shot a male nurse in a road rage incident over the weekend.
Led by Mayor Tomas Osmeña, heavily-armed Special Weapons and Tactics Team personnel swooped down on the residence of David Lim Jr. who was not around and feared to have flown out of the country.
Lim is wanted for shooting Ephraim Nunal on the legs following a traffic altercation last Sunday night that was recorded and posted on the Internet.
Osmena said he requested an arrest warrant against Lim, but the judge refused. As a result, the mayor ordered SWAT to raid the suspect’s house. “I accept all legal responsibility,” Osmena said.
The 33-year-old victim was driving his Toyota Altis on F. Sotto St. when he came across a dark Mercedes Benz with license plates UWI-731 which stopped in the middle of the road.
Because the Mercedes Benz was disrupting the flow of traffic, Nuñal honked his horn.
The suspect got out of his car and kicked the side of Nuñal’s car. He also allegedly tried to punch Nuñal before going back to his car to get his gun and shoot the victim twice in the legs.
Osmena said he had sought the help of President Duterte through presidential assistant Bong Go to prevent Lim from leaving the country.
Go told the mayor that the suspect had been placed under the watch list of the Bureau of Immigration.
Cebu City Police Office director Senior Supt. Joel Doria urged Lim to surrender to the authorities. He also appealed to Lim’s female companion to surface and tell her story to the police. (Mars W. Mosqueda Jr.)