Home » Headlines » Duterte aids bus crash victims

Duterte aids bus crash victims

President Duterte has extended more than P1 million in financial assistance to the victims of the bus crash in Carranglan, Nueva Ecija that killed 34 people last week.

Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board Chairman Martin Delgra confirmed that Duterte has instructed them to give P20,000 in cash to the families of the victims who were killed in the crash. The 43 passengers who were injured were said to have received P10,000 each.

Delgra said the cash assistance is from the President’s personal fund and is separate from the insurance benefits given to the victims yesterday.

LTFRB Board Member and spokesperson Aileen Lizada also confirmed the financial assistance to the bus crash victims.

“Good morning, fyi may pinadala na financial assistance si PRRD for the victims thru Chairman. 20k for each casualty and 10k for those injured,” she said.

The LTFRB went to Bayombong yesterday for a mass for the victims of the bus crash officiated by retired Bishop Villena.

Delgra presided over the distribution of the cash assistance from Duterte.

Meanwhile, Delgra said concerned agencies were directed by the President to avoid the repeat of the accident in a closed door meating.

Delgra said the meeting in Malacañang Thursday was attended by Department of Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, Department of Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar, Land Transportation Office chairman Edgar Galvante, and Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa.

He said Duterte ordered the DoTr and the DPWH to put up necessary concrete barriers on highways and appropriate road signs. (Argyll Cyrus B. Geducos)

comments