Home » Entertainment » Singer Ariana Grande suspends concert tour following Manchester attack

Singer Ariana Grande suspends concert tour following Manchester attack

Ariana Grande has suspended her concert tour after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at her performance in Manchester, England, the US pop singer’s representatives said on Wednesday.

Grande had been scheduled to perform two shows at London’s O2 arena this week as part of her “Dangerous Woman” tour.

Both shows have been canceled, as well as performances through June 5, her record label said in a statement.

“Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,” the statement said. “Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together.”

British-born Salman Abedi, 22, blew himself up on Monday night at the packed Manchester Arena at the end of Grande’s concert, attended by thousands of children and teenagers, killing 22 people and injuring 64.

His victims included an 8-year-old girl, several teenage girls, a 28-year-old man and a Polish couple who had come to collect their daughters.

Grande, 23, was unharmed, but tweeted in the aftermath that she was “broken.” She was reported to be back in the United States on Tuesday, seen walking down the steps of a private plane at an airport in Florida in photographs posted on the Daily Mail website. (Reuters)

comments