Home » News » News Roundup » New Roundup » Metro News » Fire hits Taguig mall anew

Fire hits Taguig mall anew

A small fire razed a part of a restaurant inside the Market! Market! Mall in Taguig City Saturday afternoon, the second incident recorded at the said establishment in a span of just one week, according to the local Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP). Superintendent Flor-Ian Guerrero, Taguig fire marshal, said the blaze started at 4:38 p.m. either at the chimney or kitchen area of Kamayan Restaurant inside the posh mall located at Bonifacio Global City (BGC).

Guerrero said no alarm was raised since the fire was immediately put out around 4:50 p.m. by restaurant employees. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, he added. Customers and employees were immediately evacuated. No one was hurt. It was the second fire incident recorded inside the Market! Market! in just five days.

It can be recalled that on Christmas Day, an electric lantern hanging at the center of the Activity Center emitted thick, black smokes before flames engulfed it and fell on stalls of shirts. It caused panic among shoppers, two of them were hurt in the stampede. (Martin A. Sadongdong)

comments