Home » News » 2 men killed in shootout after abducting woman

2 men killed in shootout after abducting woman


TWO men were killed in shootout with responding policemen after they snatched and tried to rape an 18-year-old woman in Quezon City Wednesday night.

Investigators of the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) said they have yet to establish the identities of the slain suspects who were in their late 20s, both wearing black jacket, and short pants; one was wearing a black bull cap while the other was wearing a red bonnet.

Prior to the incident, police said that victim “Angel” was walking on her way home at the corner of Majaas Street and Payatas Road in Barangay Payatas at around 11:30 p.m. when a group of men onboard a black motorcycle without plate number stopped in front her.

The suspects pointed a gun at her and asked for money, but the victim failed to give them.

The back rider alighted and forced “Angel” to ride their motorcycle, then brought her to a vacant lot on Legaspi Street in the same barangay.

According to the victim, the men tried to rape her but she managed to run and escape.

At that time, personnel of QCPD-Batasan Police Station under Superintendent Joel Villanueva were conducting a checkpoint along Payatas Road corner Molave Street when they received a report about a woman who was abducted by motorcycle-riding men, prompting them to proceed to the area.

While traversing Payatas Road onboard a police car, responding cops saw a woman with ripped shirt running towards them and asking for help while being chased by the suspects.

The policemen stopped and got off the vehicle to help the woman, but the suspects suddenly fired shots at them, prompting the lawmen to fire back, killing two of the armed men.

Investigators recovered from the crime scene two .38-caliber snub-nose revolver without serial numbers, pieces of fired bullets, and eight sachets of shabu.

Villanueva said they were establishing the identities of the suspects to check if they were related to previous crimes and drug-related cases.

The bodies of the fatalities were brought to the PNP Crime Laboratory for autopsy. Follow-up investigation is ongoing, police said. (Alexandria San Juan)