Home » Headlines » Palace: Duterte remains fit amid COVID-19 fight

Palace: Duterte remains fit amid COVID-19 fight

DUTERTE

DUTERTE

Malacañang assured the public yesterday that President Duterte is in good shape as he leads the country’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

Presidential spokesman Harry Roque made the statement after the Supreme Court junked the petition requiring Duterte to disclose his medical records and undergo confirmatory medical and psychological and psychiatric tests.

In an interview over Super Radyo DZBB, Roque said Duterte is healthy and even looked younger than he last saw him in Malacañang in 2018 before he resigned as Duterte’s spokesman to run for Senate.

“Napakasigla po niya. Sa totoo po bumata si Presidente. Alam niyo naman nawala ako sa gobyerno ng isang taon at kalahati, mas malakas siya ngayon mula nang huli ko siyang makita,” he said.

The Palace official said that Duterte is full of energy that he always monitors international news channels like CNN and BBC for updates on the pandemic. The Chief Executive also supposedly reads a lot of COVID-19-related materials online.

Roque noted that Duterte’s good condition shows whenever he appears on television to talk to the public which happens every Monday since the enhanced community quarantine was declared.

“Siguro you will agree with me na pag nakikita siya sa TV talagang napakasigla niya. Napakalakas ng kanyang pag-iisip at napakalakas ng kanyang pangangatawan,” he said.

Last month, chief presidential legal counsel Salvador Panelo said the petition of a lawyer named Dino de Leon was probably filed out of boredom from being locked down due to the pandemic.

“The suit may have been a product of petitioner’s boredom as a result of the enhanced community quarantine,” Panelo said.

“He may instead want to use his time by brushing up his law,” he added. (Argyll Cyrus B. Geducos)

comments