Home » News (Page 3)

Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said yesterday that President Duterte’s threat to terminate the Visiting Forces Agreement with the United States was a manifestation of his promise to take responsibility for the repercussions of his anti-illegal drugs campaign. Duterte had earlier warned Washington that he would scrap the VFA if they do not rectify the cancellation […]

Continue reading …

Detained Sen. Leila de Lima wants to become president someday, President Duterte bared last Thursday. The President talked about De Lima’s political ambition and alleged criminal involvement to fund her senatorial and subsequent presidential campaign during his visit to Leyte. Duterte made the remarks after threatening to bar the US senators supportive of De Lima […]

Continue reading …

The Department of Health said yesterday that they are currently investigating another suspicious case of the 2019 novel coronavirus in a 36-year-old man in Tacloban City after he manifested respiratory infection. “Gagawa palang tayo ng screening test. Ngayon suspicious lang naman tayo pero hindi pa tayo umaabot na probable case siya ,” said Health Undersecretary […]

Continue reading …
Duterte turns down Trump invite to visit US

President Duterte has turned down President Donald Trump’s invitation to visit the United States in March and ordered the termination of the Visiting Forces Agreement between the Philippines and the US following the cancellation of Sen. Ronald dela Rosa’s US visa. Presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said Duterte has decided not to visit the US despite […]

Continue reading …
Duterte blames derailed PH growth on Reds

The country could have enjoyed progress a long time ago if the communist rebels had not waged an armed conflict against the government, President Duterte said last Thursday. The President blamed the communist rebellion for derailing the nation’s growth during his visit to Leyte, insisting that fighting should stop for the sake of their children. […]

Continue reading …
Suspected drug pusher found dead 8 hours after abduction

By GLAZYL MASCULINO BACOLOD CITY – A suspected drug pusher was found dead in a vacant lot at Barangay Mansilingan here early Thursday, eight hours after he was allegedly abducted by four unidentified armed men on board a pick-up truck at Barangay 3 here last Wednesday night. Police identified the slain victim as Richard Tutop, […]

Continue reading …