Home » Posts tagged with » Davao Death Squad

Court orders Matobato’s release

The Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) yesterday ordered the police to release from its custody self-confessed Davao Death Squad hitman Edgar Matobato.

In a radio interview on February 13, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar said that the R2 billion worth of aid promised by the President to residents of Surigao City was intended for workers who will lose their jobs when the government’s mining closure orders take effect in the region.

Continue reading …

President Duterte has neither ordered the murder of any person nor violated the the country’s laws, a Palace official said in dispelling the lies peddled of a retired Davao policeman in a Senate hearing.

Continue reading …

Retired SPO3 Arthur Lascañas will again face the Senate today and testify on the alleged existence of the infamous Davao Death Squad that he flatly denied five months ago.

Continue reading …

President Rodrigo Duterte’s victory in last year’s presidential elections was less than an absolute majority, but was so stunning and phenomenal that many leaders of other political parties trooped to Davao City to pledge him their support, even if he did not bother to attend his official proclamation.

Continue reading …

House Speaker Pantaleon D. Alvarez yesterday aired strong suspicions that the previous administration is behind alleged efforts to destabilize the Duterte government, saying that a congressional inquiry should be conducted in this matter that involves national security.

Continue reading …
Page 1 of 212