BY JEFFREY DAMICOG
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has asked the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office to re-open the preliminary investigation of the rape with homicide case of late flight attendant Christine Dacera for the submission of additional evidence.
Justice Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra revealed during a radio interview on DZBB on Sunday that the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office is ready to release the resolution of the preliminary investigation it conducted on the rape with homicide complaint the PNP filed against 11 men.
“Kaya lang nag-request ang PNP na muling buksan ‘yun kaso dahil may ihahabol daw sila additional evidence,” Guevarra said.
Meanwhile, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) filed before the Department of Justice (DoJ) last Friday a complaint against 11 persons including PNP medical legal officer Maj. Michael Nick W. Sarmiento also in connection with the death of Dacera.
Guevarra said the NBI complaint will be forwarded to the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office for the conduct of a preliminary investigation (PI).
“Para sila na din mag-investigate, mag conduct ng PI at isama na ‘yun kung gusto nila isama na sa pag-resolve sa rape with homicide case,” he said.
Guevarra added the NBI had intended to file the case before the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office but could not do so because the prosecutor’s office had been placed on lockdown.
Dacera was found unconscious on Jan. 1 in the bathtub of Room 2209 of City Garden Grand Hotel in Makati City where she and her friends celebrated the arrival of the new year.
She was rushed to the Makati Medical Center (MMC) but was declared dead on arrival.