BY NOREEN JAZUL
This is certainly not a good news for Metro Manila residents.
That’s because the two-week unified curfew imposed in the metropolis might not be enough to curb the spread of COVID-19, an expert from the OCTA Research Group said Wednesday.
“Realistically, ‘yung two weeks, speaking objectively, baka kulangin ‘yan,” OCTA Research fellow Dr. Guido David told DZMM Teleradyo.
Metro Manila mayors implemented a two-week curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in the National Capital Region (NCR) last March 15.
David said the government can further extend the implementation of the current interventions being imposed to slow down the spread of the coronavirus.
However, the expert said it’s safer to wait for data first before deciding on what steps to take next.
“Tingnan muna natin yung datos. This week naman makikita naman natin kung may slowing down effect itong interventions natin,” he said.
The OCTA Research had earlier warned that the country might reach 10,000 to 11,000 daily cases by end of March given its current reproduction rate at 2.03.