As the world gets fidgety over the on-and-off stories that have been coming out on the internet, the camp of Manny Pacquiao called on everyone to “be patient” as the stakeholders continue to work a deal for a colossal clash between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather for May 2.
Koncz was originally set to fly back to Manila from his Los Angeles lair over the weekend but major developments have prevented the Canadian boxing man from doing so, a sign that the two parties are trying hard to get a job done.
Last week, Pacquiao told the Filipino media that an announcement from Mayweather was imminent as they had discussed some important matters over the phone.
Pacquiao said that while he is not at liberty to make the announcement, it is Mayweather who will break the news to the world.
Nearly a week after their talk, no announcement has been made and Mayweather even denied that documents have been signed although talks remain on-going and progress has been made.
While the fight date seems to be just around the corner, the two fighters still have time to set up their respective training camps in case an agreement is reached for May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao normally trains eight weeks for a fight and with two weeks remaining before March sets in, there is still time for Mayweather to waste precious time before making the announcement that he and Pacquiao have reached a deal that will surpass all box-office records.
Besides, like Pacquiao, Mayweather doesn’t allow himself to bloat in-between fights.