Former “Eat Bulaga” host Julia Clarete had denied reports that she left the popular noontime show because she was pregnant.
Clarete made the clarification after a Facebook follower had insisted that she must tell the real reason why she immediately left “Bulaga” and later settled in Malaysia.
“Masaya po ako dito sa Malaysia. Nood po kayo ng 24 Oras para sa statement ko. Anyway, maayos po akong umalis ng Pilipinas. Hindi po ako buntis, walang inagrabyadong pamilya, at lahat po kabati ko Kung meron man pong gustong dumungis sa pangalan ko, KARMA na nila yon, at malamang pinagbabayaran na nila, Mabait po ako, tama ka, kaya hindi ako pumapatol sa mga demonyong chismosa diyan sa Maynila. Ayos! Tuloy ang ligaya! :)” said Clarete in her Facebook last Monday.
Fans were shocked when Clarete, 36, left “Eat Bulaga” aired over GMA-7 where she had been one of the co-hosts for more than 10 years.
On January 16, the multi-awarded actress and TV host answered posts on her FB inquiring why she left the longest-running noontime show on Philippine television.
“Nakatira na po ako sa Malaysia ngayon. Pasensya na kung hindi ako nakapagpadespedida man lang. Pero hayaan niyo, pag naayos kong lahat, babalik ako para magsamasama tayo, sa #tamangpanahon,” Clarete said.
On January 26, Clarete staged a “One Night Only” performance at the 12 Monkeys Music Hall and Pub in Makati City.
Clarete had insisted that her family was the real reason why she left the show, she refused to give details.
But she said that she had not quit showbiz and will return soon.
“I am still in show business, I just need to concentrate on my family first, then come back after a while. Artists will always be artists,” Clarete added.