- News in Photo
ACE comedian Vice Ganda has said that he is still not sure if he will have an entry in this year’s Metro Manila film festival.
“May bagong deadline kasi ang Metro Manila film festival, di ba? Tignan natin. Bahala na. Nasanay na kasi akong may entry sa film fest,” said Vice Ganda, during an interview on “Tonight with Boy Abunda” on ABS-CBN.
Vice Ganda, 40, said that the forthcoming movie will reunite him with his close friend actor Coco Martin. Also appearing in the still-untitled film are child stars Onyok and Aura.
The “It’s Showtime” host started his stint with the MMFF in the blockbuster movie “The Unkabogable Praybet Benjamin” in 2011. Then he followed it with “Sisterakas” in 2012; “Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy” (2013); and “The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin” (2014).
Last year, Vice Ganda’s MMFF entry was the hit movie, “Beauty and the Bestie” opposite Martin.
Vice Ganda also said that he is excited to appear in the primetime teleserye “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano” on ABS-CBN.
“Na excite naman ako. Current ‘yung issue na inatake namin at pareho naming gusto ni Coco,” he added.
Vice Ganda also revealed that 2,000 copies of his debut book entitled “President Vice (Ang Bagong Panggulo ng Pilipinas)” have been sold during its launch at the SkyDome in Quezon City last July 18.
“Book Launch yesterday at Skydome set the record of Biggest Book Launch Ever by a Filipino Celebrity Author. More than 2000 copies sold during the event. Maraming maraming salamat po Madlang People! Now available at National Book Store,” he said on Instagram.
Of his book, Vice Ganda said: “Hindi ito malalim. Bibigyan lang kita ng paraan para aliwin mo ang sarili mo. Hindi ito educational material, wala kayong matututunan dito. Ang matututunan mo lang dito ay matututo kang tumawa, matututong gawing magaan ang buhay mo.”
Vice Ganda also denied reports that he is having problems with the heart because of “hugot lines” he posted on social media recently.