BEST BETS – Highspeed expert Jay P. Delgado names his best bets in the ongoing Mutya 2016 beauty pageant.
Take over, JPD.
THIRTY lovely ladies from all over the Philippines as well as Filipino communities overseas are vying for the 48th Mutya ng Pilipinas Pageant which will crown its winner on July 30 at Resorts World Manila’s Newport Perfoming Arts Theater.
After the crucial swimsuit competition at Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa in Puerto Princesa, Palawan last July 20 and the evening gown competition at Hannah’s Beach Resort and Convention Center in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte last July 24, Highspeed has picked its bets who will most likely contend for the top crowns that will send them to Miss Asia Pacific International, Miss Tourism International and Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International later this year.
• Joanna Rose Tolledo, 22, of Caloocan City, a top ten finalist at the 16th Miss Philippines Earth pageant last month;
• Michelle Charlotte Thorlund, 19, from Irvine, California. This Fil-Am beauty competed for Bb. Pilipinas-USA last year;
• Dianne Irish Joy Lacayanga, 18, from Paniqui, Tarlac;
• Justin Mae San Jose, 19 a 5’6” model from Pila, Laguna who won the Calabarzon regional pageant;
• Ganiel Akrisha Krishnan, 21, from Manila who is sportcaster and Miss Manila 2016 2nd runner-up;
• Joanna Marie Rabe, 21, from Zambales.
Other strong contenders are: Lynette Bradford, 19, from Melbourne; Cassandra Costales McDonald, 19, also from Melbourne and representing the Filipino communities of Australia; Mayu Eustaquio Murakami, 25, a model from Tokyo, Japan; and Marielle Cartegena, 20, from Cebu City.