The three high-profile inmates who were wounded in a stabbing incident at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa last week are set to be discharged from the hospital.
Manila Bulletin learned that Jaybee Nino Sebastian, Peter Co and Vicente Sy will be released on Tuesday from the Medical Center Muntinlupa (MCM) since they are already in stable condition.
The three were rushed to the hospital on September 28 after they got involved in a stabbing incident at NBP’s Building 14 that resulted in the death of prisoner Tony Co.
Through his lawyer, Eduardo Arriba, Sebastian requested the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) to transfer him from Building 14 to the NBP maximum security compound following the stabbing incident.
NBP spokesperson Sonny del Rosario said BuCor officer-in-charge Rolando Asuncion is studying the request although he believes that Building 14 is still the safest place for Sebastian.
Meanwhile, prisoner Raymond Dominguez, who was convicted of carnapping in 2012, was found positive for illegal drug use in a drug test covering all inmates at Building 14.
All prisoners at the facility were required to undergo drug test after the incident.
Del Rosario said Dominguez’s results are subject for confirmatory test by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
The Philippine National Police’s Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) is leading the investigation into the stabbing along with the BuCor.
In their testimonies given to BuCor’s investigating officer, Sebastian said it was prisoner Tomas Doniña who stabbed him while Peter Co said it was Clarence Dongail who attacked him, Sy and Tony Co. (Jonathan Hicap)