- News in Photo
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has denied accusations by critics that they connived with the Marcos family in the unannounced burial of the strongman Ferdinand E. Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB) in Taguig City, Friday last week.
AFP chief of staff General Ricardo Visaya, said it is quite unfair for them to be accused in such a manner considering that they only followed orders from higher officials.
“It’s unfair to use the word connivance. We are not conniving with anyone. We, in the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)… please trust us. Anybody can ask help from us. Even our enemies we help them. We are all Filipinos here,” Visaya told reporters during a press briefing.
Visaya reiterated that it was the wish of the Marcos family for former President Marcos to be buried in a peaceful and solemn manner.
“That’s what they want, for him (late President Marcos) to be buried in a peaceful manner, without funfare. What’s wrong with that?,” Visaya said.
The AFP chief, at the same time, said that they are very much ready to face charges and even go to jail if it would be proven that they made any wrongdoing. (Francis T. Wakefield)